In his review of Rome Fortune’s Small World, for Wondering Sound, Brandon Soderberg said, “Fotune’s delivery marries Andre 3000′s recent off-the-rails, often-offbeat spoken word to Gucci Mane’s rubbery complexity. On “Why,” essentially a slightly sleazeir version of Robyn’s “Call Your Girlfriend,” Rome matter-of-factly tells a boyfriend how he hooked up with the guy’s girlfriend during an Uber ride to a show. It’s a rewarding, immersive record that never quite does what you’d expect it to do.”
Now, Wondering Sound is giving you the opportunity to experience that unpredictability in person. We’re giving away a pair of tickets to see Rome Fortune live on Wednesday, December 10 at the Studio at Webster Hall in New York. (You can buy tickets here). The show is part of Pigeons & Planes‘ “No Ceilings” series, which launched in September, and the bill is rounded out by Tunji Ige, along with Jon Waltz, Chaz French, and Ace Cosgrove.”
There are two ways to enter the contest:
1. Follow Wondering Sound on Twitter and retweet one of the tweets promoting the contest. (If you already follow us, you only have to do the retweet portion!)
2. Email email@example.com with your name, age, address and phone number to be entered. Please use the subject line “No Ceilings Ticket Giveaway Sweepstakes.”
The contest ends at 11:59 PM EST on Monday, December 8.. Transportation to the show is not included in the prize. Official rules are below.
“No Ceilings” Ticket Giveaway Sweepstakes Official Rules (“Official Rules”)
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. SWEEPSTAKES IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, 18 YEARS OR OLDER. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, THE U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS, OTHER U. S. TERRITORIES AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR OTHERWISE RESTRICTED BY LAW.
3. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Sweepstakes begins on December 5, 2014 at 9:00 AM Eastern Standard Time and ends on December 8, 2014 at 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time (“Sweepstakes Period”).
4. HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to enter:
You must be a follower of @wonderingsound in order to be eligible for the Sweepstakes. If you are not already a follower of @wonderingsound, you may follow @wonderingsound, at no cost to you, by logging into your Twitter account, visiting https://twitter.com/wonderingsound and clicking follow.
Periodically, throughout the Sweepstakes Period, @wonderingsound will tweet a call to action for the Sweepstakes, which will include a URL where the Sweepstakes rules can be found. To receive one (1) entry to the Sweepstakes you must retweet the call to action post. Multiple entries during the Sweepstakes Period will not be accepted. Anyone found to be using multiple accounts to enter will be ineligible. By entering, entrants acknowledge receipt of, acceptance of and compliance with these Official Rules; or
(ii) Send an email with subject line “No Ceilings Ticket Giveaway Sweepstakes” to firstname.lastname@example.org including your first and last name, age, valid daytime phone number and valid email address. Entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period.
Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeping device for the Sweepstakes. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged nor will they be returned. Limit one entry per person regardless of method of entry. By entering, entrants acknowledge receipt of and compliance with these Official Rules.
5. PRIZE AND CONDITIONS FOR AWARDING A PRIZE: One (1) Prize will be awarded to one (1) Prize winner. The Prize is two (2) admission tickets courtesy of Move Forward Music to the Pigeons & Planes presents Rome Fortune, Tunji Ige, Jon Waltz, Chaz French and Ace Cosgrove show at Webster Hall located at 125 East 11th Street New York, NY 10003 (“Venue”) on December 10, 2014, at 8:00 PM Eastern Standard Time (doors open at 8:00 PM Eastern Standard Time) (the “Event Date”) (“Prize”). The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Prize is $20 for the two (2) tickets (i.e., $10 each ticket). The Prize winner and their guest must provide a valid government-issued I.D. to be admitted to the Venue. The Prize winner is responsible for any applicable fees and all insurance, federal, state and local taxes, if any, and incidentals and any other unspecified expenses associated with acceptance or use of the Prize. The Prize is provided “as is” and without any warranty of any kind. The Prize is non-transferable. No cash redemption or prize substitution allowed by Prize winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the Prize is unavailable and/or undeliverable for any reason in the sole and complete discretion of Sponsor. Travel to and from New York, NY, is NOT INCLUDED in the Prize. The Prize winner is responsible for any expenses not expressly included in the Prize description above, such as any and all travel and transportation expenses, including without limitation, air, train or ground transportation expenses, lodging, incidentals, meals, beverages and any other expenses. If the Prize winner and their guest cannot travel to New York, NY, on the Event Date, or if the Prize winner and their guest cannot present their valid government-issued ID, such Prize winner will forfeit the Prize in its entirety and Sponsor may, at its option, either award the Prize to an alternative potential winner or cancel the Sweepstakes and have no further obligation to award or fulfill the Prize. Sponsor is not responsible if any part of the Prize (i.e., the performance) is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason, in which event that portion of the Prize is forfeited in its entirety and no substitution will be provided except as in Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Prize winner and their guest must comply with the rules set by the Venue. All determinations and decisions of Sponsor shall be final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
6. PRIZE DRAWING: The Prize winner will be selected at random by Sponsor on December 9, 2014. The Prize winner will be notified by Sponsor via Twitter, phone and/or e mail no later than December 10, 2014. Potential Prize winners who enter via Twitter will be asked to follow @wonderingsound in order to communicate instruction on collecting Prize. Any potential Prize winners must respond within 24 hours with requested information in order to allow fulfillment of Prize. In the event (a) a potential Prize winner cannot be reached for whatever reason or does not respond within 24 hours of notification, (b) a potential winner is found to be ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes, or (c) a potential Prize winner cannot or does not comply with the Official Rules, the potential Prize winner shall be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, from among the other eligible entries received. By accepting the Prize, the Prize winner acknowledges receipt of and compliance with these Official Rules. The Prize winner and their guest expressly accept that Sponsor disclose each Prize winner and their guest’s first and last name to Move Forward Music (and/or any other third party) to include Prize winner and their guest on the guestlist for the Prize. Sponsor is not responsible if the Prize winner and their guest are unable to accept or use all or any portion of the Prize due to failure to comply with these Official Rules or any law, regulation or other rules which apply to the acceptance, receipt or use of the Prize.
7. ODDS: Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
8. OFFICIAL RULES: Official Rules may be obtained by visiting http://www.wonderingsound.com/win-tickets-see-rome-fortune-new-york-city/.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor is not responsible for and shall have no liability for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or incomplete, entries or email or for interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet service provider, Internet access provider or online service provider (collectively referred to as “ISP”), website, telephone or other connections, availability or accessibility, or miscommunications, or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, or lines, or technical failure or jumbled, corrupted, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures, or technical errors or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, publishing, printing, electronic or network errors or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of user IDs, pass word, entry or other information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by entrant’s on-line service will apply. Proof of mailing or submissions is not proof of receipt by Sponsor. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this Sweepstakes, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods, and disqualify any entrant using such methods. Sponsor is not responsible for injury or damage to entrant’s or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from or use of the website. Should any portion of the Sweepstakes be, in Sponsors sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, technical failures or other causes which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserve the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes, and to conduct the random drawing from entries received prior to such action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, and assumes no responsibility for any error, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation, or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction, or unauthorized use to the website. In case of dispute, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address or Twitter account used to enter the Sweepstakes at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant, and such entrant must comply with these Official Rules. The authorized account holder is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an email address by an ISP or other organization which is responsible for assigning email addresses. IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR, ITS RESPECTIVE PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATED COMPANIES, THEIR RESPECTIVE ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ENTRANTS’ ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEBSITE OR DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
11. WINNER LIST: For the winner list, email email@example.com or write your name and complete address on a 3”x 5” card and mail in a first class, stamped envelope for receipt no later than January 10, 2015 to: No Ceilings Ticket Giveaway Sweepstakes, Winner List, eMusic.com Inc., 511 Avenue of the Americas #160, New York, NY 10001.
12. SPONSOR: eMusic.com Inc., 511 Avenue of the Americas #160, New York, NY 10001.