Since it’s nearly impossible to keep up with all the features that flood social media feeds all week, we did some of the digging for you. Here’s a handful of stories that are worth a click this weekend:
- Pitchfork’s side blog The Pitch reminded us all that Detroit’s street rap scene doesn’t begin and end with Eminem.
- The FADER heralded the death knell of “alternative R&B”, as signaled by rising star FKA twigs.
- The Talkhouse shared the show-stealing speech Perfect Pussy singer Meredith Graves gave at the second annual Basilica Soundscape festival last weekend.
- Flavorwire delved into the ghostwriting issues that haunt pop stars like Robin Thicke.
- Stereogum learned how to cook from an unlikely teacher: Steve Albini.
- FACT asked Marianne Faithful about her new album, sarcasm and Serge Gainsbourg.
- The New York Times visited some of Woody Guthrie’s familiar haunts with his grandchildren.