Since it’s nearly impossible to keep up with all the features that flood social media feeds all week, we did some of the digging for you. Here’s a handful of stories that are worth a click this weekend:
- FADER asked 13 female artists how they’d change “male-dominated studio culture,” including Holly Herndon, Ikonika and Caroline Polachek (Chairlift, Ramona Lisa).
- Pitchfork ran an extensive feature on Seattle’s Black Constellation collective, which counts Shabazz Palaces and THEESatisfaction among its members.
- Resident Advisor profiled the rising experimental producer Objekt.
- FACT counted down the 100 greatest horror soundtracks.
- The Guardian read every Taylor Swift think piece so you don’t have to.
- Clash examined why this year’s Mercury Prize — which was won by the wildly underrated Young Fathers — was the best in years.
- The Quietus spoke to former Brian Eno protege Daniel Lanois.