Since it’s nearly impossible to keep up with all the features that flood social media feeds all week, we did some of the digging for you. Here’s a handful of stories that are worth a click this weekend:
- The Quietus marked the 20th anniversary of Ready to Die with an essay from Angus Batey, a journalist who had his Notorious B.I.G. interview canceled when the rapper was fatally shot the day before.
- Resident Advisor revealed the profound life changes in the lead-up to the Bug’s latest LP.
- Flavorwire asked a live engineer if Courtney Love’s isolated vocal/guitar tracks from a widely criticized show were really that bad.
- The New Inquiry shared an essay on the expectations that often surround female singers.
- The Guardian explored the history of novelty singles, from “Kung Fu Fighting” to “Hey QT.”
- Clash interviewed Jessie Ware about her upcoming album and a hungover session with Chance the Rapper.
- And finally, Dazed posted their new cover story on Nicki Minaj.